We will be launching Wave 12 of the COVID-19 Trends and Impact Survey (CTIS) this Sunday, December 19, 2021. You may recall a few experiments were conducted back in October to a small subset (15%) of our sample. The revisions in this wave were informed by those experiments and their findings. The following is a summary of the major changes:
COVID-19 Vaccination Uptake Question: The original version of this question V1 “Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?” will remained unchanged. This question has been fielded since January 2020.
Demographic Module Placement: In the prior waves of CTIS, respondent demographics were collected towards the end of the survey. These questions will now be asked after the vaccine module of the survey starting with Wave 12.
Parenting/Schooling Questions in Module B:
- Item (P1/J3) asks if the respondent is the parent/guardian of a child under age 18.
- Item (P2/J4) asks about the age group of their oldest child.
- Item (P3/J5) asks about parent intent to vaccinate or if their oldest child is already vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Item (P4 and P5/J6) asks about current schooling status for the oldest child.
- Item J7 asks about how students who are participating in online, remote, or distance learning accesses school materials.
The updated version of the survey and detailed documentation of the changes will be posted shortly. Please feel free to provide any feedback or ask any questions regarding the CTIS instrument.